To meet and exceed property specific, measurable revenue goals through organized, thoughtful, and always current sales and marketing strategies and action plans customized to the needs of each hotel and market. Goals are measured weekly, monthly and annually.
It is the strong belief of Guests, Inc. that all staff members are sales people. Training to recognize, effectively communicate to the appropriate co-workers and to follow up on sales leads is consistently offered to our hotel employees. The Sales Department team receives ongoing training, support and accountability through their Hosts (General Managers), Regional Marketing Directors and Regional Operations Directors. Sales department revenue production is carefully monitored. A combination of telemarketing, personal sales calls, internet research and email campaigns are required weekly/monthly.
- Annual Market Plan
- Quarterly Action Plans
- Monthly Strategies
- Promotional Collateral
- Property Specific Websites
- Revenue Management: Rate & Website Presence Maximization; 3rd Party Market Manager Relationships
- Oversee and maintain traveler review based sites (Tripadvisor, Yelp, etc.)
- Email Campaign Databases
- Sales Blitzes & Tradeshows
- Community Services & Networking
- Cross Selling & Lead Referral
- Delphi & Hotel Sales Prose Sales Automation Systems
- Market Trending Analysis through STR Reports and other competition analysis including comprehensive studies of competitor’s occupancies and rates on a regular basis.
- Consistent monitoring of past and present guest patterns to maintain the best mix of rates and occupancy.
- Social Media presence: current and fresh
- Maintain current Search Engine business listings (Google, Yahoo, etc.)
- Major marketing: billboards, AAA, etc.
In addition to participating in the quarterly bonus program, the sales team has ADR and occupancy bonus potential and an intercompany DOS referral bonus program. Annual awards with both recognition and monetary benefits are provided to the Director of Sales of the year.